Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationHigher Diploma in Nursing2 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionThe programme aims to equip students with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to meet the statutory requirements to enroll with the Nursing Council of Hong Kong (NCHK) as an Enrolled Nurse (EN). The objectives are:
(1) To develop student’s competence in health promotion, maintenance and restoration, and prevention of illness through the delivery of primary, secondary and tertiary health care in hospital and community settings;
(2) To equip student with effective communication skills for the delivery of individualised care as well as for facilitation of teamwork;
(3) To develop student’s understanding of psychosocial, cultural and environmental dimensions of health and illness;
(4) To equip student with critical, creative and analytical problem-solving skills; and
(5) To develop student’s generic attributes for all-roundness such as capabilities for life-long learning, independent and reflective learning, and values on professionalism
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits86 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Natalie Lee
DHSc (Nursing), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK
MSc Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK
BSc Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK
Certificate in Medical and Health Sciences Education, The University of Hong Kong, HK
Post registration certificate course in Intensive Care Nursing, Hospital Authority, HK
Registered Nurse (HK)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$58,990Year 2$58,990Programme Total$117,980
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2021/22 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $38,400 for laboratory-based sub-degree programmes . The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
QF level4QR registration no.16/000348/L4 Registration validity period 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2024
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes+ Certificate Programme
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology